Saturday 7 December 2013

It's been a good week, it's been a bad week

First I found a great house at a great price, garden, trees, perfect, 1 hour before signing the contract, the owner stated that she was letting to family. Frantic phone calls to friends and agents to be on the look out.
Next I lost/had stolen my phone on the dala dala
The agent showed me a house miles from the man road and was basically a building site, did have 2 loos though!
The wonderful? atm at the ABC bank took money from my account but did not stump up the ££, 1 expensive phone call to the UK later and it will take 45 working days to refund the moneyThank you to whoever invented overdrafts and to the person who has decided to pay staff early this month. Relocation, even to a country where things cost far less, is still expensive
The agent decided to show me a house which was slightly above my budget but it's great, lots of space, a garden, walkable to the shops and a 15 minute dala dala ride to town. The landlord has completed all repairs as he said he would but there is still an issue with the water, hopefully he will resolve this as he has the other things. It's so nice to have a lounge and a kitchen after 2 weeks of living in a lodge
There are inconveniences in living here and I'm sure that I will find more but the sun is shining, in a few weeks I'll be able to pick a mango off my tree for breakfast and have avocados in the spring, I've spent time at the project with some great kids and women. I tried to explain to them what music festival is-some of their products will be sold at British and American festivals next year, they asked me if Westlife would be singing???
For some reason I can't post pictures, will try next time

No comments:

Post a Comment