Tuesday 19 November 2013

bye bye mat, hello 100kgs of 'stuff' and lots of phone calls

Today I said good bye to Mat, she has watched my back, taken me to places that I barely knew existed, got to know my posterior pretty well and in return I cared for her, put petrol in her tank and made sure that she was able to work legally. Yes, today I sold my little car, didn't want to leave her alone, unloved and uncared for her so it was time for another family to have her company. So if anyone sees her around please tell her that I hope that she's happy
After that I finished, well almost finished, the packing, made sure that the marmite jar is well padded.  I hope that the airlines are kind because I am pretty certain that I'm over the luggage allowance. I wonder if they'll take into consideration that we've both lost weight recently? The packing was rudely interrupted by friends and family phoning to say bye, how inconsiderate is that? I AM joking, I am blessed with having made some wonderful friends during my long career with the NHS, I hope they know how special they are to me.
The next blog will come from Tanzania-I hope, fare well dear Blighty, I'm going to miss so much about you but am looking forward to getting to know Tanzania
 

No comments:

Post a Comment