Saturday 31 May 2014

Funny sort of a week

It’s been a funny old week. Said goodbye to Annajane Ward, a lovely 20 year old from Michigan who puts the chavs of this world to shame. She’s a nursing student but works hard so that she can sponsor Zye at Walk in Love. She was only here for 10 days but she crammed a lot in. Mama AJ, you should be proud.
AJ (2nd right) with Ashley, Agnes-the cook at the Centre and Cassie at Agnes's food stand where she works on Saturdays to make extra money. An amazing woman

Welcomed Lori, mama Brianna, to the house after a long flight from Texas. She’s here for 6 weeks so I look forward to some long chats over a brew. Her 6, yes 6, crates of luggage failed to arrive with her but, fortunately they arrived the next day. She’s not doing a Posh Spice with endless suitcases, the majority of the stuff is for the centre, family and friends. Oh and she also bought me knickers that actually fit me, going down 3 dress sizes makes for extremely baggy clothes which can easily be replaced her, but the underwear, no, it just isn’t good. Thank you Lori   (no pics of the knickers, a girl has to keep some things private!)
Flew to Mwanza on Wednesday just an overnight trip to see the amazing work which is being done at Forever Angels. This baby home caters for all babies and has a great special needs programme. We learned a lot in the short time we were there. Thanks Lori for  arranging everything.
Lori with one of the babies, the amazing Monique, who is blind, having fun at the water table and Aubree with 2 more babies.
Owden, my landlord, informed me that the house is being sold but insists that the contract stands even though a lawyer has told me it doesn't. He told me the house was up for sale when I signed the lease so it was no surprise really. I’ve started to look for somewhere else, ideally I want to stay in the same area, but I’ve got at least 2 months to find somewhere. I’ll miss the mango tree in the garden but if I can get a more modern house it’s a small price to pay.
Came home on Thursday and this is what greeted me in the compound, there was a Masai woman close by but I've never seen them here before. Maybe they were collecting the grass which had been cut for fodder.
 
Finally, a picture of Peanut, why? Why not?
Until next time, I hope all is well with who ever has taken the time to read this. Thank you for taking an interest in my life as a volunteer at Walk in Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment